Douglas G. Drewyer D.D.S., M.A., L.L.C.
Dr. Douglas G. Drewyer lives with his beloved wife Elaine just outside of Clarksville, MD. They have three children, a sheep dog and a cat. As a life-long learner, in 2005 he earned a Masters Degree in Applied Healing Arts from the Maryland University of Integrative Health (formerly The TAI SOPHIA Institute). Dr. Drewyer teaches as a member of the Dean's Faculty at the University of Maryland Dental School. At the Dental School, Dr. Drewyer offers a Senior Elective Course titled: A Mindfulness Approach to Clinical Excellence, Transforming What It Means to be a Dentist in the 21st Century.
Dr. Drewyer is the Head Coach of the Laurel American Legion Post 60 Baseball Club and the Coordinator for Coach Training for HCYP Baseball.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, May 1978
James Madison University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, May 1982
University of Maryland Dental School
- Masters of Arts in Applied Healing Arts, 2005
Tai Sophia Institute
- Private Practice of General Dentistry in Silver Spring, MD since 1982.
- Transformative Practice Group Mentor, Tai Sophia Institute, 2006-2010
- Faculty Advisor for Projects of Excellence, Tai Sophia Institute,M.A.Transformative Leadership and Social Change Program
- Dean's Faculty, University of MD Dental School, since 2005
- Senior Elective Course at University of MD Dental School: A Mindfulness Approach to Clinical Excellence, Transforming what it means to be a dentist in the 21st Century
- Senior Elective Course at University of MD Dental School: Mindful Conflict Resolution
- University of MD @ Baltimore Professional Schools Complex, Served as Dental School Representative to the Wellness Advisory Board from 2010-2012
- Faculty Senate: Faculty Welfare Committee, Tai Sophia Institute, 2010
- Head Coach Laurel American Legion Baseball Club
- Has Enjoyed Training Coaches and Players in Howard County since 1989
Austin D. Drewyer D.D.S.
Dr. Austin Drewyer received his Doctor of Dental Surgery diploma from the University of Maryland Dental School and is the 3 rd generation of Drewyer’s to join the family dental practice. A lifelong resident of Maryland, Dr. Austin currently lives near Catonsville with his wife Lauren. Dr. Austin is excited to continue the long lasting relationships that have been created by his father and grandfather so that he may share his passion for quality dental care. Dr. Austin is a member of the American Dental Association, Maryland State Dental Association and Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Austin enjoys traveling with his wife and most anything having to do with baseball and the local Baltimore/Washington sports teams.
Our staff has humbly requested not to participate in a glamour photo shoot to be included on our website or newsletter. I accepted the request, and will brag on the beauty that is our personnel anyway. I am gifted indeed to share our service with folks who share a vision. For all we do, our guiding value is: "Be the Best Place to work and the Best Place to come as a patient."
Barbara has supported our practice since 1986. As you encounter Barb over the phone, at the front desk or in the clinical zone, you will quickly recognize the ease she lends to your visit, and the heart she brings to ensure your comfort and understanding. Barb "has my back", and yours; nary a decision goes by that she hasn't considered all angles and perspectives, keeping our rudder on course.
Deb has been on board since 1990. Deb has been our engine room, supplying a vast reserve of energy in a now mostly-behind-the-scenes role as safety net and project manager. Deb lends a softness and steely strength to the volumes of administrative services that keep your records flowing with the tide, rather than against it.
Jean is the voice and face of our practice and has been since 2004. In the astounding way that is Jean's way in life, nothing escapes her vigilance to holding our direction and pace. Jean brings an appreciation of economics, sure. However, her "antennae" for many voices and many choices coupled with a radar quality of information gathering and sharing has provided a bottomless reserve for tracking and pointing the practice towards our goals. Jean is our GPS with a conscience and heart-borne integrity.